Thursday 14 July 2011

Workday, Piccadilly Circus, and the London Aquarium

Hey everyone,
Sorry for no new post the past couple of days. I spent Monday catching up on a massive pile of work. I read probably around 60-70 pages worth of scientific articles, wrote a paper, and worked on my Normandy traveling plans. So yesterday, my biggest adventure consisted of traveling around Picadilly Circus that evening.

This borough seemed to be a pretty flashy shopping district. I managed to choose which way to wander by simply following the street with the most flashing lights. There were several theatres in this area advertising a couple plays including Les Miserables. There was also an M&M store that was like three stories, filled with cheesy merchandise. The most interesting bit to me was a indoor mall. It was as spacious as the malls back home, but was set on about three different stories. Arcades, food, and shopping filled the tiny boundary stores, with the middle hosted a bungee/trampoline equipment thing. It was neat to travel up and down the escalators watching all the young teenagers play. After this I returned home to do more fun work.

Tuesday in between more work, I went to the London Aquarium.

 It wasn't as good as the aquariums I've seen before, it felt kinda cramped. But we got to see some sharks and penguins and of course some awesome fish, which always makes me pretty happy. One funny bit was the "shark walk." It had been hyped up a little bit, but the shark walk consisted of a couple tiny panes of glass over the tank with sharks. The view was so small you couldn't really see much of anything below, but it seemed like everyone not from Florida were frightened beyond belief at the concept of stepping on this small slab of glass, tip-toeing it as if it were on the verge of shattering.

We also got to see some penguins and other creatures from various ecosystems.

This was literally my Monday and Tuesday, I've been working really hard recently to get my Normandy trip planned and class work done. But I did exciting stuff yesterday and today, and I am leaving for Scotland soon, so I'll have more interesting stuff to post then.

No comments:

Post a Comment